3.9K views

Portrait Innovations is now officially a rip off. Now when you order pictures you only get the studio view of the pictures you purchased!

So pretty much if you want to buy products, or any other items you can't because you may only have 3 pictures! No one wants that! I used to share it on facebook for my family and they would buy four times if not more than what I spent on their to get what they wanted and now their is no use. You just lost out on a lot of money!

I WON'T be coming back and I am spreading the word fast...

RIP OFF.... Go back to the way it was or you will loose lots of business!

Comments

I have been taking my kids for over 4years and I use to be able to order extras and view my sessions on the app this time I go we can’t view the app the canceled that and I have no way of getting the other photos totally a waste of my time

to None #1464865

You can get the photos from the virtual studio still, it's just on website, not the app. You will receive an email, check spam.

to Anonymous_13 #1476311

I purchased the CD and cannot access my pictures on the website or the app.I have checked my email and spam folder numerous times.

Now you don't even get that unless you buy a CD. I went with my kids this past weekend and thought I would have the portal but called today and they said no they don't anymore with out CD

to Anonymous #1172857

That's what happens when you're a cheap ***. Duh.

If you didn't get the CD then that means of the 60-80 different pictures your hard working photographer (and I've seen it, they work their *** off) took, you didn't even buy 3....you at least get the standard CD when you buy 3 pictures.

So shut the *** up. Do not plan to spend less than $100 on professional pictures and then complain about it.

to Anonymous 123 #1348486

Stick it to the man!!!! Yea!!!

to Anonymous 123 #1434713

Wow so i spent 492 dollars and bought the cd and still cant see all the pictures and further more when they lure you in with one price and then throw 60 pictures at you and you leave with more then you expected and still cant use the product you paid for see since you sound like an uneducated waffle house waitress im lead to believe you work for portrait inovations because your lack of class in your comment matches there business practices you see the customers your speaking of didnt tell you to get that deadend job but since you did respect the customers complaints after all you had 60 portraits with them we pay your salary i am not cheap just smart and you a ***

to Anonymous 123 #1461989

Professional ....haha that's a joke

Well me and my family went to take spring pictures and I was very pleased with the pictures... But like the old saying go..u get what u pay for..anywho our pictures were very beautiful I must say staff did an wonderful job capturing my families precious moments...will definitely be returning... Now off to my personal gallery...

I know i just took FAMILY Pictures and of course i changed my mind later on. So i received a email saying i could upload the pics, well when i did it was only the 3 poses i purchased.

But pics that i have in the online album from years ago all of those are still on there. Well i guess next time i have to have my mind made up before i leave the studio!

The company will not lose lots of business they will actually gain more. People who liked the online then will pay or not get it.

And have you been to the studios at all recently. Crazy busy. Apparently you didn't spread the word fast enough.

I've called to book appts at two different locations and both are fully booked for this weekend. May wanna open your mouth louder if you want people to hear or make more friends

PI employees also LOVE it when cheap customers who cry about spending $100 threaten to never come back. Good!

You have no idea what that photo session actually cost the studio, you spending $19.99 actually hurts the studio, and they have names for you. They won't miss you.

to Anonymous Mooresville, North Carolina, United States #939679

It does not cost that much to take photographs. Portrait Innovations do not pay their employees very much because they are not trained professionals, they are just people off the street that get get more training on up-selling than on actually taking photos.

The employees take photos with the camera set to "auto" and most of the photos they take are horrible and blurry, that is why they use photo-editing software. Also the photos do cost very much to print, I know because I have been ordering photos from a professional lab for years. I am sure they lose money on the $19.99 special however, but if they want people to spend more, then they should advertise more expensive packages. If a "photographer" spends 20 minutes taking photographs and ten minutes trying to up sell and ten minutes printing that is only 40 minutes.

If the average person spends around $60-$70, the company is still making money. And I doubt they would lose money even if someone only spent only $50. Portrait Innovations is headquartered where I live and they have an extremely bad reputation in Charlotte.

When I take my son there, it is not busy at all, most of the time he is the only one getting his pictures taken. I could see spending hundreds of dollars for photography if one were going to an experienced professional, but PI only hires untrained people not long out of high school.

I

to Cora T Clarksville, Tennessee, United States #969781

Portrait Innovations actually trains photographers at the training facility in North Carolina. Most of the people I worked with were out of college and went to college for photography.

The only people that were out of highschool were part timers that were used to help during the weekends and they were trained in photography at the studios where they worked. Portrait Innovations actually pays their photographers really well. They pay more than any other photography companies. I started out at $11.00 and ended at $17.00.

I don't know whats wrong with the Charlotte location but everywhere else is good.

Plus Charlotte is a tester studio where they test their new ideas. The only bad thing I have to say is Portrait Innovations only cares about the money not their employees.

to PI Photographer #1501485

Please this is nonsense because they're is no way they trained the ppl I seen come and go through the 3 sessions I had stop beefing this place up...they did take some good enough pictures but I do believe just like any company repeat business is always good and I'm sure the company doesn't like bad reviews but the truth is that they lack service quality but why not make it affordable...but the service sucks and since management doesn't see any thing wrong with it then their sales will struggle

Wow, you have to actually PURCHASE the photos you want to use? Unreal!

Virtual Studio no longer exists. They replaced it with the Personal Studio accounts that have more features and allow you to archive your photos.

You have to purchase it with a collection. A Personal Studio account is not free.

photohorizons

If you purchase a 3 Pose Package or higher value collection, you receive your entire session online on the Personal Studio website. If you purchase 1 or 2 Poses, you receive the purchased images online.

Purchasing just the $19.99 special does not get you a Personal Studio account at all anymore.

This is not a rip off whatsoever. If you're expecting every single one of your pictures to be served to you online for under $100, you are being ridiculous.

to photohorizons Chicago, Illinois, United States #912841

That's not ridiculous at all actually common sense. If you want other family and friends to purchase more products you would clearly have the poses available.

Also I did purchase 2 other poses/sheets and still not available online! I used to LOVE Portrait Innovations, sorry not any more. I always recommended to friends and always drove 40 minutes to get there 3 times a year for the past 3 years.

After my last experience not going there again (Medina Ohio). Waiting for the competition to open :)

to me #913311

Too bad, Portrait Innovations is opening hundreds more studios while CPI and Picture People are closing the majority of their locations. Sounds like PI is doing something right, huh??

Have fun waiting...