My name is Jennifer Norris and I can be reached at My family and I were in the Lafayette, IN studio on Dec.26, 2015 at 10am.

My siblings, our kids and my mom got a family picture taken. We were pleased with the pictures that we had taken at the studio, but last night February 19, 2016 we went into Meijer in Lafayette, IN to print a couple pictures off the CD. After they were printed the staff member working at the photo department said he couldn't sell them to us because it had the watermark of Portrait Innovations on them. He said he need a written copyright release to sell them to us.

So by that time the Portrait Innovations studio was closed. We left the store with no pictures. This morning Feb. 20, 2016 my mom called the studio in Lafayette, IN and explained to them what happened and the girl she talked to said we didn't buy the high resolution package to get the copyright release.

If we wanted that we would have to spend $70 more and get two more prints to get the release. We don't want to spend more. We had already spent enough and besides we always get the package with the CD so we can make reprints. We have never been told we couldn't make reprints without the copyright release.

The person that took our pictures was Melissa W. We have always gone the Lafayette Studio because it is convenient and close to home (Reynolds, IN) and because we have been pleased with the pictures that are taken. Actually we went to Walgreen' after our studio session and downloaded a picture from the CD to make family picture cards and they printed them with no problem. I guarantee we will not be back to the Portrait Innovation Studio in Lafayette, IN or any other Portrait Innovations because of this.

We spend close to $300 every 6 months to a year.

I hope you understand my frustration in this matter and hope I hear from someone soon regarding this matter.Thanks so much!

This person wrote the review because of "getting reprints off of cd" at Portrait Innovations. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Portrait Innovations to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Author liked the most photo quality and received photos quickly. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Portrait Innovations portrait innovations portrait printing for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Portland, Oregon, United States #1191150

I have been a customer of portrait innovations for some time now and I know the different collections vary with the CD.You more than likely didn't get a high enough collection for the full copyrights.

Since you have been there before how did you not know this?A lot of times people will get a smaller collections to try to print off pictures without the rights which is against the law....sounds like this is the case.

to Anonymous #1434710

Thats not the case as i have used portrait inovations for years and i have never been told there was a different cd or that i couldn't print off the cds they dont tell you untill you want more prints so its not a case of not wanting to pay for the better package its a matter of bait and switch you convince ppl to get the cd to reprint then later try to scam them out of more money